Navigation

Monday, June 3, 2019

Windy days at Sterling State Park. Flooding and trails are down.

Short post today. As I played hooky from work to go hiking in the high winds that forced water EVERYWHERE on the shoreline. This trail was closed. and we found out why. And no, we didn't ignore the sign this time we walk to the other side to see where else it was closed at. Clearly, the trail is flooded. I have kayaked that area to the right.. didn't know it was this close to the trail.. sweet info to know in the future!!


This was at Sterling state park. Their paved path forces you to go the longer way. Great way to get steps in. Careful though, I haven't came across any yet but ticks are everywhere. 




1 comment:

  1. Sterling State Park was on my list last year after buying a state park pass when renewing my driver's license and never got there. It was on my list this year too ... glad I saw this post. I am frustrated by all the rain and soggy parks. I've never seen a tick except in pictures ... yikes!

    ReplyDelete